Wednesday 26 August 2009

my my my.....

What a long time its been since I was last in touch, sorry for that! I have to confess that I have been loving the past few months and they have been cram packed with both work and social activities, meaning blogging duties were put away for a while!!

July - Now = full of fun times, what with my father's visit in July, and my friends visit in August. Was great to have visitors and to be able to show people the 'bonkers but beautiful' country I have been living in for the past 10 months. Can see pics of my dad's visit if go to - http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/arrathbone8/ASVisitToNepalJuly09?authkey=Gv1sRgCKis4cH3s9aXkwE&feat=email#
Good selection from both inside and outside KTM Valley.

On Saturday my brother (Tom) and his girlfriend (Catrin) arrive. Been plotting this for a while now, can't believe the time has come! Have planned a trek for 2 weeks around the Annapurna Circuit. Can't wait!! Though do feel guilty for being out of the office so much recently. Following Tom's visit, there is a national holiday called Desai, which means that all staff in YOAC will be away for 10 days. Think that after my time off, I owe it to them to stay in KTM and finish up my work - especially as I will be leaving in early October. So much to do before then, no idea how will do it, but having a deadline means I am motivated again!

The thought of leaving makes me sad - I have made such good friends here and have had the most incredible opportunities and experiences. It will be very hard to say goodbye, yet since my work ethic has decreased in past few months it is prob the right time for me to go. A new VSO volunteer will be arriving in Nov to take my place, she is also called Helen and is from London (!!) I have seen her CV and she sounds perfect for the role - just hope she doesn't show me up too much!!

Can't wait to catch up with everyone, time is really flying by now!! Thank you as always for keeping in touch, your emails, letters and parcels have made my time here so much easier - I owe you all a drink or two - just gotta find a well paying job in london first, hmmmmm... you may be waiting a while!!!

Lots of love to all you superstars!!

H x

p.s....I am currently devising a sneaky plan to see some more of the world before coming home, I will keep you posted on this!!!

No comments: